Friday 9 March 2012

YEE HAR for “Inspirational women in advertising and design”


I've just watch a few videos on Creative Pool's blog

“Inspirational women in advertising and design”

First I thought Right ON!’ way to go girls! Then I thought don’t you think it’s a shame that there are still so few women in advertising that the fact these inspirational people are women, becomes newsworthy?

Yes lets celebrate Women’s Day but I do have the feeling women in advertising still really do stick out. I was in Recruitment Advertising in London for 16 years and I was outnumbered 10:1. Of course wasn’t objecting much when I was young and single and I really didn’t notice any discrimination, (that died out in the 60′s didn’t it?) I really think things change once you decide to have kids. Bosses attitudes (on the whole) are you are brain dead and ripe for redundancy. 4 years on, I got out and I work for myself and never been more flexible, been more creative or done more of what I like, but mention the ‘school run’ and male potential clients run a mile!

No comments:

Post a Comment