Thursday 1 March 2012

Mustn't Crumble


So here's my first lino cuts. Not as easy as I remembered back in the day! I wanted to do a white out of blue reminiscent of a 'Keep Calm And Carry On' poster'. Mustn't Crumble is definitely one for my fridge. REALLY difficult to do a Gill Sans type, not a straight line in sight here and the whole undoctored result was bit too feeble. To give it more punch I had a bit of a Photoshop fiddle and pinched a bit of the pingsweetie cake as a coloured crumble base. The first one's definitely a bit Caribbean in colour which I actually think looks quite nice but I decided to do a pastel-y one to fit in with my friend's duck egg blue walls. What d'ya think? I'm not sure it's going to be the new medium for me. Although I LOVE the texture, I've got used to instant Photoshop gratification and I'm much MUCH too messy. It took me about have the lesson to clean up! But Mustn't Crumble ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment