Wednesday 25 April 2012

In The Dragon's Den


Way back when I was a student (don't like to work out how many years ago exactly!), I was an ardent fan of Anne McCaffrey and her Dragon books. So much so I started making an articulated model of a dragon with gripping feet and movable wings. But like many projects without definite deadlines it never quite got finished and the 'real world' of recruitment advertising didn't call for dragons.

Anne McCaffrey's death last year made me think about the project again and got me wondering if it might be fun to finish it. With much persuading I've managed to prize my model back off my friend's mantle piece where's it's been sitting for the last few years, gathering a rather nice dull patina. I've embroidered the wings and finished them off with feathery membranes, and added a cruel pointed dagger of a tail made of abalone shell.

There's been a few offers for it already but the original is not for sale (I think my friend would kill me, slowly!) However I could make you a new one if the price is right.

Photo shoot in shown in progress, pictures to follow, hopefully this decade.

No comments:

Post a Comment